Before setting up anything just yet, I advise you to decide weather you want to use POP or IMAP for receiving your email on your client A client, or an email client to be more precise, is an application to receive and send emails with. Examples are Outlook, Thunderbird and Entourage, but also smart phones (such as the iPhone, BlackBerry or Android devices) often contain applications for dealing with emails. These are also called email clients.. The main difference between the two is that IMAP synchronises while POP just downloads the emails. Please read POP or IMAP? for understanding the differences and to help you make that decision.
When you have made that decision, you will have to turn on that functionality in the settings of your email account. Please follow these steps for turning this on:
- Log in to your email account through a web browser by going to http://mail.your-domain.com
(replace your-domain.com here with the url of your company without the www. So in our case your-domain.com should be changed to studiostacks.com)
- When you’re logged in, look at the top right corner of you screen of click on a link called Settings.
- Now open the tab called Forwarding and POP/IMAP by clicking on it.
- Now depending on your decision you’ve made before you can now switch on the corresponding functionality.In case you decided to use IMAP: Look for IMAP Access and select the checkbox Enable IMAP.In case you decided to use POP: Look for POP Download and select the checkbox Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- The final step here is to safe your selection by clicking on Save Changes at the bottom of the settings pages.