When you create a new page on your Stacks website, a new button will be created automatically.
To add a new page to your website, do the following:
- Sign in to your website by adding
/wp-adminto your website’s domain
- Fill in your username and your password and click on Log In (or simply press enter).
- Click on Pages in the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Now click on Add New either on the link appearing under the Pages button you’ve just clicked or on the button at the top of the page next to “Edit pages”.
- Fill in the title of your new page. The title will appear on the top of your page and will also be the text of the link on your website.
- In the field below the title you can enter the content of the new page. You can enrich the looks of your page by adding for example images to it. If you have knowledge of HTML you can even design your own page by clicking on the HTML-tab on the right side of the text field. If you’re not familiar with HTML I suggest you stay away from this tab and leave it at Visual at all times.
- Now scroll down a bit until you see the Publish box. On the bottom right side of this box you’ll see a big blue button with white letters saying Publish. Click this button to publish your new page. If you’re not completely sure about it yet or you didn’t finish the page yet, you can also click on Save Draft and continue editing your page at another time.
- (Below the Publish box there is a box called Attributes. Here you can chose a different layout for your page and also publish it ‘under’ another page so that the page will not be visible on the front page of your website. You can find more information about this in the article Adding a new product or service.
The video below gives you a visual demonstration of the steps described above.