146 comments

Simple Events Calendar 1.2

Everybody can manage events, if you want that

If more people are working on your blog or website, it might be useful for others to manage the events as well. By default this is restricted to the site’s admin, but you can now change this setting in the Advanced settings menu.

You can now set the authorization level required for managing events in the Simple Events Calendar plugin for WordPress

Here you can choose from 5 options:

• Administrator
  • Editor
  • Author
  • Contributor

Each of these options sets the minimum authorization level for managing events. This means that when you select the Author the Editor and the Administrator will also be able to manage the evens.

Events, Events Calendar, Plugin

Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post, Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Comments

146 comments

146 Responses to “Simple Events Calendar 1.2”

1. Hi!

I love how your plugin looks and it perfectly fits my needs. It doesn’t work with Russian language currently but I am trying to make it work. I can make all the translations. Can you please advice how to do it.

Thank you in advance.

Dennis Lyubyvy
    Kiev, Ukraine

Hi Dennis,

Thanks! It would be great if you could translate the plugin into russian! I will send you instructions for this soon (hopefully later today).

2. Philip Lam says:

Your plugin is really simple and easy to use. Thanks for the great work.

I would like to show “expired events” in reverse order. i.e. the nearest expired event on top and the oldest expired event at the bottom. Is there a way to change it? Please advise!

Philip
    Vancouver, Canada

• Philip Lam says:

After reading some php tuitorial, I managed to find the respective script in the php file and made changes by adding “desc” after “event_start” in the following lines:

….
      $myevents = $wpdb->get_results(” SELECT * FROM $table_name ORDER BY event_start desc “, “ARRAY_A”);
      ….

// Add the shortcode for displaying the event on pages
      ….
      } elseif($age) {
      $allevents = $wpdb->get_results(” SELECT * FROM $table_name WHERE $range ORDER BY event_start desc $limit”, “ARRAY_A”);
      ….

Now the listing in the admin page and display of “expired” events using shortcode are in reverse order.

Thanks again for creating this simple but powerful plugin.

Philip
      Vancouver, Canada

Hi Philip,

Thanks for providing instructions for changing the sorting of the events. I didn’t receive too many requests for this feature, so for now I will not implement this just yet. If this changes I will definitely look into this.

• lgubauko says:

hi,

where can you find the css code for the events..?

Hope someone could respond to my problem immediately…

Thanks anyway to the author of the plug-in…

it works for me but i wanna change the sort setting too…

3. Michael says:

Hello,
    this plugin ist great – unfortunately I need the Date to appear in German – this doesn’t work. How can I replace the english Names (Mon, Tue, June…)with the German ones?
    Thanks and kind regards,
    Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your comment. The language of your WordPress installation is used for this. Are you running an English version of WordPress?

• Michael says:

Hi Jerry, thanks for your quick response. No – I’m running a german version. Here’s the link to the first try: http://www.sternblut.de/sternblut-termine/

I modified the words “when” and “where” in the php-file. But I’m not familiar with php-date-functions..

• Jerry says:

That’s very weird, it should display that information based on your wordpress installation Language. Are you able to check in what way the German language has been set in the wp-config.php file? You can find this file in the root directory of your website. It’s on line 72 or close to that line anyway. It should say something like: define('WPLANG', 'de_DE');

I’ve just entered that in my installation and everything is showing in German now.

• Michael says:

Hello Jerry – thank you!

This ist line 70:
            define(‘WPLANG’, ‘de_DE’);

Michael

• Jerry says:

Can I ask what version of WordPress your running at the moment? The current version is 3.1.3. If you’re not running that version, try updating your installation and checking the output again.

4. Michael says:

Hello Jerry – yes I have installed WP 3.1.3. // Is there any possibility to change the simple-events-calendar.php?

Thanks and regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

I can’t see why it isn’t working for you. Anyway, changing the code is the way to go for you then. Could you try the following:

Go to line 665 of simple-events-calendar.php and change:
      setlocale(LC_ALL, get_locale());
      to:
      setlocale(LC_ALL, 'de_DE');

If this doesn’t solve it, you could try the following as well:
      setlocale(LC_ALL, 'de_DE@euro', 'de_DE', 'deu_deu');

Please let me know if this solves the issue and which option you’ve used.

• Michael says:

Hello Jerry – thank you so much. I tried both of your options – but nothing changed.

Maybe I have to leave it in english.

Is there a shortcode to display the event without date and time? That would be fine for me. I could write the date by my self in to the headline of the event….

Or better:
        Which lines in php file do I have to delete so that “Where:+Date+Time” will not appear at all? That would be great!

Michael
        Thanks,Michael

Hi Michael,

I find it very strange. There must be a conflict with your theme file or something…

Anyway, to remove the date and time all together, remove $evt_time. on line 767.

That should do it.

5. Misko says:

Hi!
    Thank you for very simple and functional plug-in!

I have one problem. My WP is in Swedish, and the text of week days is displayed wrong (without Swedish letters Ö Ä) Instead it displays this sign: �

My WP is UTF-8.
    Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
    Misko

6. Finn Connell says:

Hello,
    I needed a “simple” event calendar formy clients to use and this seemed to be it. I have given permissions to “Editor” to add events but “Event” tab (for editing and adding) does now show up when a user, level “Editor”, logs in only when an Admin logs in.

Am I doing something incorrectly. I have changed the settings in “Advanced Settings” to reflect Editor with permissions.

Thank you for your attention.

Finn

Hi Finn,

Thanks for your comment. I’ll look into it directly.

Hi Finn,

Thanks again for letting me know about this. Turns out there was a bug preventing the level changer from working. It’s fixed now, so if you do an update, it should work as intended.

7. Philip Lam says:

Hi Jerry,

My list of events is getting too long on the admin page that it takes time simply to scroll down to find a event for editing. Would it be possible to have pagination on the admin page to make easy for finding entries? Could there be a search function for the entries?

Thanks again!

Philip

8. Bryan says:

Is there anyway to throw this into the sidebar as a widget?

• Bryan says:

Nevermind, I figured it out and used the http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-shortcodes/ Sidebar Shortcodes plugin.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your comment. That plugin you mention does the trick and does it quite easily, but it’s better to simply add the following line to your functions.php file. It’s better because it is only one line compared to quite a few lines of code needed for any plugin.

So if you’re ok with editing your theme’s files, then go ahead and find your theme’s functions.php file and add the following line to it:

add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

It’s best to add it at the top of your functions file, just under <?php to ensure you’re not breaking any other functions.

After you’ve done this, your theme now supports Short codes in the Text widget!

9. steven says:

First of all, thanks for the great plug in! It is much easier than making code for every event that comes my way. I want to use it on my “shows” widget on the sidebar as well as the “shows” section, but when I place it in the widget it makes the event name have large text inside a box that resembles the actual widget heading. Is there a way to fix this, so it fits in the widget naturally and without a heading box on each title?

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your message! I had a look at your site and I noticed that there is a conflict between the styling of your theme and that of the plugin. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with CSS, but if you are, this is the problem:

The title of an event is wrapped in an H3 tag. The title of your Widget sections also has H3 tags. The CSS of your theme regards the title of events as similar to the section titles in the sidebar. The result is that they are styled the same way.

Long story short, you will need to edit your theme’s CSS or create a separate CSS file for the Simple Events Calendar or dive into the code of the plugin (simple-events-calendar.php) and change the H3 to an H4 or H5.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck!

10. Jahdo says:

Hi Jerry,
    Fantastic – many thanks !!
    The update fixed a problem I’ve spent a few hours trying to ‘fix’, on other plugin not yours.

I hate to ask but for a future update, would you consider an option making the ‘Advanced Settings’ only available to admin ?
    I’d like to hide these options from my client.

Will make a donation shortly

Hi Jahdo,

Thanks for your message! I like your feature suggestion so I’ll see if I can add this in the next update.

11. lo says:

hello !

thanks for your wp plugin (the simple event), but I have one question : is it possible to add event on a widget ?

thanks

lau

Hi lo,

Thanks for your comment. Bryan just asked the same question. If you scroll up a little bit, you’ll find a detailed instruction for adding this functionality.

Good luck!

12. Adam says:

Loving this plug-in, nice and simple for what I want… unfortunately I have had to roll back to 1.2.1 as when I upgrade to 1.2.2 I have found that it doesn’t display the finish time of an event if it finishes on the same day that it starts… if it runs into the next day, it’s fine

for example… on http://www.emilysargant.co.uk/appearances/, where it shows

When: Sat July 16 15:15 – 17:00

when I had 1.2.2 installed it simply showed

When: Sat July 16 15:15 -

Hi Adam,

Thanks for telling me about this. In the last update I’ve been working on the time and date feature and this bug must have slipped in there. I’ll fix this directly and hope to have a new update live shortly.

Hi Adam,

I’ve just release an update to version 1.2.3 which should fix this issue.

Cheers!

13. steven says:

I have another problem that I could use help fixing. My events keep closing before they happen and I don’t know why that is. I’ll input an event that starts on, for example, June 8 at 22:00 and ends July 9 at 2, but before either of those times it disappears. Is there a way to make the event stay on the page until the listed closing time? Is my problem related to time zones maybe?

14. steven says:

And one more question, is there a way to make it so new events show up in a different color or something similar for, say, 24 or 48 hours so they stand out a bit?

15. Finn says:

Hi Jerry, Thank you so much for your plugin and your very quick response to my previous question..solved. A couple of things. Is it possible to make the description input with a greater number of characters. I changed all the input 250 to 300 but that did not seem to work (simple-events-calendar.php). When I enter my CSS I run out of description space. Also the gap between events displayed. I tried to put in a horizontal line to delineate between events but somehow that does not seem to do the trick. I know I am fussy, and I apologize.

Thank you again for the super plugin.

Finn

16. Louis says:

hey great plugin!

We use it on http://www.comedyestonia.com however our events need more than 250 chars in the desc so I have changed the DB field and edited the scripts but with every update I need to go back and reedit them to allow me to enter more chars.

Is there a big reason for limiting the desc field? Is this a change you could make?

thanks guys!

Louis

17. Uta says:

Hello,
    first of all, thanks for this great and really easy to use plugin! I am very happy with it, the only thing I don´t know how to do is how to make it change the language using another plugin, qtranslate.
    I have the website running in german and english. Default language is german so the events are all showed in german. How can I tell the plugin to use the english language files (from qtranslate) if the events are displayed on the english website version?
    Thanks for any help!
    Uta

18. Thomas says:

Instead of the time format Sa Juli 16 2011 I want to display the regular german format:
    Sa. 16. Juli 2001 (different order and with dots) – can you please tell my how to handle this?

Thank You!

19. silke says:

Hello, I want to use [time=no] in a page. When I have a event with the same start and end date in a year in the future (like 2012), the event in the page appears without year !!!
    It works with dates in the past and with start date in this year and end date next year but not with both dates in 2012.
    How can I fix that ?

Greetings
    Silke

20. Jenny K. says:

Hi Jerry,
    First of all, thank you for the wonderful, simple plugin! It’s exactly what I was looking for. If you have a moment, I was wondering if there is an easy way to expand the capacity of the event description field from 250 characters to 2000 characters (or even more, perhaps). I tried a few different things without much luck, though admittedly I’m still learning all the ins and outs of plugins. Any ideas or direction? Thanks again for all your hard work!

21. Caroline Elisa says:

Hi there,

Great plugin! I love how clear it looks, and how easy it is to implement.

I am just wondering if there is a way to display the events in a calendar format?

Thanks, Caroline

22. paul says:

How do I show events in a sidebar? Is there a function call?

Thanks.

23. paul says:

whoops sorry, nevermind, should have read your comments first!

one suggestion – make the style classes much less generic than ‘summary’ for example – how about ‘evtcalsummary’ for example?

24. silke says:

Hello, is it possible to use html formatting for event description entering ? Regards Silke

25. Abiodun says:

I was about asking a question on using the calendar as a widget when I checked through and discovered that it has been resolved, even better
    There are lots of wonderful people in the world, this code developers and more
    Pls remind me to donate later, let me test the plugin first
    Thanks guys

26. [...] Centrally manage your events [...]

27. Wil says:

I don`t understand how to publish.

28. Michiel says:

Hi there,

Thanks for the great plugin. I have a question about the month and day that’s being displayed. The plugin shows:

ma september 19 09:30
    it should be
    ma 19 september 09:30

Is there any way I can change this?

29. Eric says:

Thanks for the plugin. I was wondering if you could tell me how to increase the size of the description. The default setting is at 250, but I would like to increase it to 500.

Thanks

Eric

30. Daniel says:

Is there a way to make the title be a link in addition to the “more information” link?

31. Daniel says:

The event location block appears to be missing a class name. I’m tweaking everything else in custom CSS, but when I try to tweak the location block, I find and the stuff inside it instead of or similar. An oversight in the code, perhaps?

32. Hanne says:

Hallo,

Kan ik de volgorde van de datum veranderen, zoals:
    za 12 november 14u00 – 16u30

in plaats van

za november 12 14u00 – 16u30
    ?

33. Lauren says:

Hi! GREAT plugin. So easy for my clients to use…Question: We show all events, past and upcoming, but I would prefer to have them listed newest to oldest. Is this possible?

Thanks.

34. ingvi says:

Thanks for great plugin! I have one issue, when typing more then 30-40 characters in the ‘location’ field it gets cut off.

I put in this:
    Lombard-Freid Projects 518 W 19th St, New York, NY 212 967-8040

When I save it, it ends up like this:
    Lombard-Freid Projects 518 W 19th St, Ne

probably just simple db field issue..

35. ingvi says:

a class for the div around the location is also missing. :/

36. lgubauko says:

help! Can’t find simple-events-calendar.php… thanks

37. Michel says:

Hello Jerry,
    Trying now to make simple-events-calendar editable for Editors … ? But I can’t see the plugin for this role…
    Any Ideas?
    Do I have to install another plugin?

38. marv says:

trying to get one event to come up.. i entered
    [event] on the page but i dont see anything.. alsohow do i show just the event that is scheduled for that day and dont want future events showing.. do i have toput the unique labeleach time? would be nice to have a button
    just one event or that plus future events

39. Peggy Gurney says:

I’ve installed this plugin and love it. However I’ve noticed that the times on each event are in the a.m.

Is there no setting to specify a.m. or p.m. for each event time?

Thank you.

40. Bob says:

I like your plugin, exactly what we were looking for! Simple and effective for our needs.

Ran into a slight problem. I have all the time zones set correctly, but the events appear to come off the list on the day they occur, but before the time they occur.

Any suggestions for fixes? SOmething I’ve overlooked?

Thanks,
    Bob

• Bob says:

After searching through the code, it did not appear that the selected time zone was calculated when displaying the event dates and they were compared against UTC. So, being in ET, I hard coded “date_default_timezone_set(‘America/New_York’);” into the top of simple-events-calendar.php for the moment.

41. Geoff says:

Thank you for the plugin it’s really what I was looking for. I just want to let you know that there is a bug when you enter a ‘ in the location field. The ‘ will be prepend with a \. So as an example L’alize will be show as L\’alize.

Let me know if you have a chance to fix it.

Many thanks again!

42. Art says:

Hi – thanks for the great wordpress application! It is a life saver.

One quick question… every time I enter the address associated with an upcoming event, the address is cut off towards the end. For example when I enter:

1400 Columbus Ave., Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94111

it turns into:

1400 Columbus, Ave., Suite 200, San Fra

Can you let me know how to fix this bug? Thanks.

43. Charles says:

Hi… thanks for a great plugin! This is the third site I’ve used it on, and it’s the perfect balance of just enough information and functionality and a simple admin interface vs. enough information for readers and users.

My question:
    The year is not showing in the event listings. This may not matter for upcoming events, but for past events it is very confusing. Is this a bug?

- Charles

44. Scott says:

Hi,

Thank you for creating this plugin. It looks real clean and smooth, and works very well. I have a question, or request, is there any way to change the message that is displayed when there are no events to show?

Thanks again,

Scott

45. lgubauko says:

hello,

please help. I really want to display the events in descending order. How will I do this?

Thank you.

46. Vicky says:

HI there!

LOVELY Plugin! Thank you so much for developing it!
    Just made a donation! I hope you get lots of !

Just wanted to add , that i am using German WP 3.1.3 for a client, and had the same language issue as Michael above.
    I have translated everything manually in the .php file, because although I have followed the “setlocale(LC_ALL,…” instructions, there was no change. The only thing that was translated was the actual output of the set Events. There again, I needed to manually translate the buttons text ( Edit / Delete/ etc) .

So, this just to let you know, that somehow the setlocale(LC_ALL,… is not working for the Admin area.

Otherwise it is a brilliant tool!Thank you again!

47. vicky kostov says:

Hi!
    Thanks again for this great plug-in!
    questions:

1.is there a way to sort the events by month? or year?

2. what if i want to display events labeled “concert” AND only with start time?

3. is there a possibility that the shortcodes are NOT working on pages but only in posts?
    I’ve been testing this on twentyeleven, and it does work on pages. but not working in my “blank” theme.
    only in posts.

H.E.L.P.

Thanks a lot!!!!

48. Hi, nice work whit this plugin.
    I like to know how to change the Tue February 7 12:15 – Sun February 12 13:15 format to jus 7.01.2012 format.
    Thanks.

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your comment. I’m working on an update which allows you to display the days the way you want it.

Cheers

49. Alan says:

Hi
    Thanks for creating the plugin perfect for what I need.
    Couple of notes:
    A) We often have events that begin on various times not only at 15, 30,45, 00 on the hour. (eg. 1:05, or 2:40) the ability to manually be able to set the minutes would be a great help.

B) Setting the time zone does not appear to work, I am based in the UK but my site is targeted at the US market, when I set eastern time it still only shows up events based on my local time

50. Kris says:

Hi. This is a great calendar plugin. It is exactly what I was looking for.

My difficulty with the plugin is the CSS. Typically I would copy the css that was there into another file and make the needed changes. However, the css that you have is minimal. It took me a long time to find where to make the changes. The font styling for the event dates was different than the rest of the site. I finally found where to change that.

Hi Kris,

I’ll create an overview of all the tags and class names that can be styled. Thanks for your feedback!

51. Bob Lima says:

I discovered that there is a character limitation on the EVENT DESCRIPTION (250).

Is there anyway to add more text?

52. Kevin says:

Like many others I have tried to use your plugin with qTranslate with no success. Is there a solution? I am using codestyling plugin to translate the mo po files but your plugin doesn’t seem to do the language switch. I am using English and French. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Great plugin btw. Just need it to translate.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your comment. I’ll see if I can integrate that functionality into the plugin.

Cheers,

53. Bert Haupts says:

Can you please tell how to get the displayed date into the Dutch format?

Instead of di april 17 I want di 17 april?

I am waiting for instruction how to make my custom CSS-file, but haven’t found the possible codes to use yet.

Best wishes,

Bert.

Hoi Bert,

Thanks for your feedback. I’m working on an update that should allow you to decide yourself how dates should be displayed. I’ll also create an overview of the tags an classes you can use in your CSS file to style the output.

Gr Jerry

54. Pixil Grafix says:

I’ve installed the Events Calendar / Plug-in, dowloaded it, unziped it and tried to copy it into the
    Plugin Directory
    I’ve gone thru these steps, but can’t figure it out… any thoghts?

These are the instuctions…
    Installation instructions
    Download the WordPress plugin Simple Events Calendar
    Unpack the zipped file
    Copy the directory including its files to the plugin directory of your WordPress installation
    (make sure it is uploaded to/wp-content/plugins/simple-events-calendar/)
    Go to the Dashboard of your WordPress installation
    Open te plugin menu
    Activate the Simple Events Calendar
    Here are the HTML code hints…. but I’m lost with that… can we talk or can you help me out…
    Where is the wp-content/plugins/simple-events/calendar…

Hi Pixil,

Your describing the difficult way to install a plugin. The best and easiest way to do this is directly from your WordPress admin panel.

1. Login to your WordPress installation
      2. Click in the menu on the left side on plugins
      3. Click Add New
      4. In the search field enter Simple Events Calendar and click search
      5. Find the plugin in the list and click Install Now
      6. Done

Good luck!

55. Moises says:

Love it… simple and it just works.

I would like to suggest something… to be able to add an all day event (no hours).

This could be simply achieved by adding an empty option for the time select and if it is empty don’t display the time, just the date.

Hi Moises,

Easiest way to show all days events is just set random times and only display the dates without the times on your site. The way to do that is with the following shortcode:

[events time=no]

More info on displaying events you can find here:

Cheers

56. Adrián says:

Hi! Thanks for this very nice calendar, I have a problem, when I put on the widget I receive a Monthly table but not the list…why is that?!?

Thanks

Hi Adrián,

I think you’re using a different calendar plugin. The Simple Events Calendar currently doesn’t have a widget function yet.

• Adrián says:

Hi Jerry, what a dumb I am, I have tour calendar but I put the wordpress calendar in the widget thinking that they are the same…I will try to put in the sidebar as you reply in this page!

Thanks!

57. The swedish letters åäö does not show correctly. http://hickorygoffers.se/events/

l�r instead of lör

/Raffe Bergwall

Hi Raffe,

Thanks for your comment! I’m currently working on a solution for this. Progress is slow as I’m very busy at the moment but something is coming!

Cheers

58. Rob Bartlett says:

downloaded Simple Events and pluggin in to WP first time — two things I’dlike to be able to do — click NONE for end time so that none will show and have the time always display on the line BELOW the date — do I need to pay a programmer to set up our own CSS to make these things happen? thanks, it is a nice and simple program, RB.

59. Corrie says:

Hi, love the plugin! I would like to add a shortcode, so I do not have to include the event description. (For use in a truncated version of the events list in a sidebar.) How can I do this? Thanks so much!

60. Hi, very nice your plugin! Thank you.

I have a question: how can I change the date format? I live in Brazil and we write the date in a d/m/Y format. For example: “segunda-feira, 25 de Junho”, instead of “Monday, July 2″.

I’m waiting for your feedback.

Thank you, again!
    Djonatha

61. Hi, How’s it going with the problems with my Swedish letters åäö?

/Raffe Bergwall

62. James says:

I want to add a “semi colon” between the end of the date the time.

Tue November 6 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM

to

Tue November 6; 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM

Thanks

Jim

63. James Auty says:

Hi, I’m using your events calendar but I’m finding the event URL is being shortened. This is a problem when we point to external sites that then shows a ‘page not found’ error.

Is there a restriction on this length and, if so, is there a way around this?

thanks

James

64. Daniel says:

Really enjoy the plugin but I’ve noticed that the dates are starting to repeat on the event start time and event end time. For example we have “January, March, March, April, May, June, June, August…” etc.

Any idea what’s going on?

Thanks!

65. Julie Moose says:

Love this plugin it’s simple and works well for the amount of events that we have. I would love to see a version of this plugin displaying a widget calendar option link what you see on the home page of our site. Or if there is a short code combination that you would recommend for the existing plugin that would be cool as well. Nice work!!

66. Richard says:

Hi,

I like this simple plugin, but I would like to use it in several languages. I already created .mo files but … nothing it’s always showing the English language.

Could you please send me an mail with a little description how to use / modify this nice plugin in a multi-language webpage?

Cheers,
    Richard

• Richard says:

Hi,

it’s me again. I identified that this nice easy event manager is not compatible with an qtranslate plugin installation.

Do you have more details for me?

Best regards,
      Richard

67. Jan says:

Hello,
    I would like it when the output of the dates can be like 19 januari instead of januari 19.
    How to fix that?
    Groet,
    Jan

68. Simon says:

Great and very simple!

How do I hide the Description using the shortcode?

69. klauski says:

Hi,

Thanks for the simple Plugin-in. Is there a possibility to show only the start of the events. without the end of the events? Thanks Klauski

70. Scott says:

Hi,

I really like your plugin. I just added a new event and the time function is not working correctly. I wanted to display 7:30pm. When I select 19:30 it displays 2:30am. I tried selecting 7:30 and it displayed 2:30pm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

71. Thill says:

I am looking to remove the time of the event, but keep the year of the event.
    Is this possible? This is what i currently have.

code:
    [events age=all time=no]

output:
    When: Sat October 24

72. Adrián says:

Hi,

great plugin, thanks, I use qtranslate in my wordpress page and this fantastic plugin. I tried all sort of shortcodes to made the events multilanguage but it was impossible, I see here that there is no solution by the moment, that’s right?

Thanks in advance

73. Sofia says:

Hi!

When I publish an event it doesn’t show it at the event day. I have a thing today, in two hours, but you don’t see it now. I wish to see it until the event is over. Is that possible or is it a bug that you could change? Another thing I would like is to be able to choose if I want to show the time for an event or not. Sometimes it’s not a specific time and then I don’t want to show the time. Is that possible?

Regards Sofia

74. Tyler says:

Is it possible to put in multiple labels to an event, or display multiple labels via shortcode?

ie.

[events label=photography,gardening]

75. Rob says:

Hi,
    Great plugin! I’m using User Role Editor to manage users; any suggestion for what WP Capability to add to allow a user to see the Events tool in the left-hand menu?
    Without being an Admin, the new user can’t access the Events :)

Thanks
    Rob

76. Michel says:

Still got problems width umlauts.
    Tried setlocale(LC_ALL, ‘de_DE@euro’, ‘de_DE’, ‘deu_deu’);
    This changed the language indeed. But umlauts like äö gets the output
    is still �…
    Someone got a clue?

Regards Michel

77. todd says:

What happen to my edit tabs in the administion mode?

Hi Todd,

The edit and delete buttons have been replaced by icons in front of the title. Have a look here: See the start of the title - the 2 icons

Let me know if anything is unclear about this.

Cheers,

Hi Todd,

I was just made aware of the fact that the icon images were not included in the last update. This has been corrected now. You should see an update appear in your WordPress plugin’s section which will fix the missing icons.

Cheers,

78. Melissa says:

I am showcasing upcoming events. I currently use the short code [events limit=1].

When I have an event taking place for example this evening (February 25th, 2013); it has already been disable (in admin) and not showing up on the interface for potential customers.

Is there a short code feature to allow todays events to be active on the website? If so, could you please share with me what the short code is?

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your message. So you’re totally right that this is wrong! I’m working on a fix for this. In short – it has to do with timezones, but nothing you can fix yourself (without going into the code).

I’ll try to get this sorted as soon as I can.

Cheers,

79. Andrea Moro says:

Since the latest release I can see the Plugin listed twice in the WordPress console.

One instance is active, whereas the second is not. Not a big issue, but I wonder if does plugin loading twice?

Best
    Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Haven’t heard this one yet :) It shouldn’t be an issue as it will look at the same database tables so you should see the same events in both installations.

Cheers,

80. Lauren says:

Hi Jerry- This plug in is great. It’s been very easy to use, but I did have a couple of questions…

I see a reference to a CSS overview – is that available?
    I’ve created a custom css file (uploaded to my theme’s css folder), and used Chrome’s inspect element feature to get the classes, but it doesn’t seem to be populating the new css.

Also the [events time=no] doesn’t seem to be working for me. I use it and get the same display.

Thanks again! Great plug in.

81. Lauren says:

Ahhh. Just realized I was saving the css file in the wrong folder. Still having an issue with the [events time=no]

• Jerry says:

Great for letting me know you solved this already. I’ll investigate the other issue you mentioned and will try to have this fixes as soon an possible.

Cheers,

82. Jay Dubster says:

Morning all,
    hoping you can help…

I’ve installed your Simple Events Calendar, added a few events, but can’t work out how to make it show on my site!
    There’s no widget to show events in the side bar, and no useful instructions even on your site!
    Your site says something like “to show just use the following shortcode” then shows the calendar in action but doesn’t list the required code!
    Please Help – as I’m really confused :(

Jay.

Hey Jay,

I understand your confusion – so was I when I saw the site :) All should be fixed now so all shortcodes should appear correctly again in this article.

Thanks for letting me know!
      Cheers,

83. Garm says:

Hello,
    I really liked your plugin, it is simple and very functional. Do you pretende to do some new development including translation into other languages ​​and the ability to change the sort order of events?
    I would like to collaborate.

Best regards

84. Rick says:

Don’t see the shortcode, it is not displayed.

85. Sebastien says:

Great plugin. Being able to have more than 1 label would be great. Possible?

86. Andrew says:

A feature I would really like to see added is the ability to create an event without a start and end time.

87. Manuel says:

Hi Jerry,
    thanks in advance for your great plugin. It fully fits my needs. However, when I’m trying to use it on WordPress 3.5.1, I face the following error:
    Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\criptored\wp-includes\pomo\mo.php on line 210

I managed to display the events on the main page, but when clicking on the link, it takes me to nowhere (=no action).

Thanks for your comments.
    Have a nice day!

88. Thorsten says:

Is it be possible to create a list like this:
    with Simple Events Calendar?

89. Christine says:

Is there any way to limit the number of upcoming events to display? For instance in a sidebar as opposed to a page?

90. Jabel Márquez says:

Hi!
    This plugin it’s very good! Thanks a lot! Very useful!

I just have a question… I’m working with Spanish language and when I display the days with accent (ej. mié) displays a symbol like this: mi�. But when I write accents in my title this displays with no problem. The problem is just when display the days with accent.

I’m working with a Spanish installation of WordPress and my version is 3.5.1
    Can I help me please? Thanks!!

91. Melanie says:

I’d like to use this plug-in as a widget, is this a possibility? I’d like to put the upcoming events in the sidebar.

Thank you!

92. Connie says:

I created a language file based on “simple-events-calendar.pot” for the german language.
    Everything in UTF-8-format.

Everything is working well, except the date-format. The format is english format and month names are in englisch.

This was mentioned earlier, already. And it is hindering me from using it for my clients (how to explain them that I charge them but the result is not working correct?)

WPLang: define(‘WPLANG’, ‘de_DE’);
    Wordpress: 3.5.2

1) your script seems not to read the WPLANG-constante for the month names

2) why not add the option to define a date-format, f.e. d.m.Y in the extended options?

93. Sebastian says:

Hey Jerry,

thanks for providing this awesome plugin. I really like the simplicty and extensibility. Have you considered adding the selection of the date format to the advanced settings or using the date format set up in installation WordPress?

Another thing: Your Plugin looks into the theme directory for custom css. Could you enable to select either the child theme in favor of the general theme? You can get the appropriate path by get_stylesheet_directory().

I would love to see these features in Simple Events Calendar! :-)

All the best,
    Sebastian

94. Hello there.

Thanks for a very nice an simply plugin.
    Love it!

I’ve been customize it a little, and now it’s look like this:

But i have some question. I want to get rid of the time, so the time of the events is listed up like this:

Like this:

24. okt. ’13
    09:30 – 10:30

And not like this:

tir september 24 09.30 – 10-30

Is that possible?

Best regards
    From Denmark
    Michael

95. Ulisses says:

Hi, i’m using your Plugin Events Calendar and he’s not appearing in my Agenda Page. Even if i put the [events] code. Can you Help me?

Tks!

96. Tim says:

Hi,

I’m using the plugin, but it no longer shows up in the Admin screen. Do you have any ideas on how to fix that?

Thank you!
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your message. Did you recently make a change or did an update to a plugin or your WordPress installation? What version of WordPress are you running your website on?

The issue is new to me but I will try to find out what’s causing this.

Cheers,
      jerry

97. Tim says:

Jerry,

I’m using WordPress 3.7.1. I did update the WooCommerce plugin recently, I believe.

Thank you!