105 comments

Simple Events Calendar v1.0

Today we’ve released a new update of the Simple Events Calendar plugin. We’ve gotten so much really good feedback and we took it all onboard in developing and further improving the plugin. So what did we do?

• Month and day names are now localized based on your language settings in WordPress. So if your installation of WordPress is in Dutch, events will now be displayed as “do maart 17”.
  • Events can now be edited! So if you’ve made a typo or the times of the event have changed, you can easily just go into the Simple Events Calendar, click the “Edit” button, just change whatever you want changed and press “Update event”.
  • The description field was always limited to 250 characters, but would just cut off anything exceeding that limit. Now as you type you will see a counter showing you how many characters are left. (If you wish to add more info to an event, just write a post/page for the event and add the URL of it to the event in the Event URL field.)
  • You no longer enter an end date, but only and end time. As an event will never last for 24 hours in one go, it didn’t really make sense to fill in (and display) and end date. In case of a three day event, most of the time it will be several hours during each event day. In this case, just create an event for each individual day.
  • More languages for the admin panel. Initially it will include Dutch and French and German will be added soon. If you wish to help us add more languages, please let us know which language you could translate to.
  • Limit the number of events to be displayed. You can now add limit=x to limit the maximum number of events to be displayed. So if you have stored 20 events but you only wish to display the first 3 upcoming events, just add [events limit=3].

As you can tell, we’ve added so much extra functionality to the plugin that we decided to call this our first official release and labeled this version 1.0.

Again we’re really looking forward to hearing from you. Just to say thanks or with feedback how we could make the Simple Events Calendar even better.

Download the Simple Events Calendar v1.0 plugin now.

Thanks for using our plugin!!

Events, Events Calendar, Plugin, WordPress

Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post, Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Comments

105 comments

105 responses to “Simple Events Calendar v1.0”

1. Thanks, Jerry, for adding the “edit” feature so quickly! Now THAT’s SUPPORT!!!

We’ll be sure to donate and we look forward to any future plug-ins you develop!

Regards,
    Linda & Mario

2. Mike says:

I just started getting into the plugin, but so far, it is very nice. Here are some of my thoughts/recommendations though:

– Would really like to add as a widget easier — especially with options (upcoming, past, max number…)

– Would prefer to have support for multi-day event with no times involved (April 5-7). This would be especially useful for tradeshows and workshops.

– Would prefer to have AM/PM option for times

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback! The widget feature is definitely something I will look into. For the moment, you could add it through the free text widget. Regarding the AM/PM, I might included this at some point as an option to appear based on your WordPress locality settings.

The multi day event planner is a point of thought. I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time and I’d love to hear your opinion on this. The thing is, which event goes on for more than 24 hours? Even during a 3 day event, you will have 3 days and possibly 3 different start and end times. Maybe around 8 hours per day. In some extreme cases, your event might take up to 20 hours on a single day, but that’s about it. So my guess is that your visitors are much more interested in knowing the exact times of each event day than just telling them about an event starting on e.g. Monday and ending on Wednesday. Additionally, your visitors might be interested in knowing what is to be covered on each day. And lastly, for promoting/advertising your event, specifying your events on a daily basis give your events much more detail. Also to search engines.

I would be interested to hear other thoughts on this.

3. mongobread says:

I found a bug in the plugin,

if there is no events or events expired this error occurs

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Argument must be an array in /[path to wp]/wp-content/plugins/simple-events-calendar/simple-events-calendar.php on line 730

I simply put if-else if $items has no events it’ll say no events

if(!is_array($items)) {
    $items = '

No Upcoming Events
    ';
    }else{
    $items = implode($the_events);
    }

Hi mongobread,

Thanks for your input. I saw this bug quite soon after I submitted the update to WordPress. So it not bother everyone with yet another update I fixed it under the same release.

What if does now is it count the number of events on the database and if it is below 1 than no event are returned.

if(count($myevents) > 0) {

If you reinstall the plugin it should be fixed.

Thanks!

4. Hi Jerry,

We are in agreement with Mike, regarding multi-day events.

Prior to you making changes in the plug-in last week, that part of the plug-in worked well. There was the start date, end date, start time and end time. That worked VERY well for us and our customers were not confused at all.

As the plug-in works now, the date you enter, that event will appear for ONLY that date and then it is no longer visible on the website, even though the event may continue to run. For example, if there is an event that runs from April 12 to April 15, 2011, and the start date entered is April 12, 2011, NOTHING will appear regarding that event UNTIL April 12, 2011. Then, on April 13, 14 and 15, NOTHING appears regarding that event. It is totally removed from the event calendar! This is leaving customers to believe that the event was for the one day only and is now over. And, if they didn’t visit the website on that particular day, they have absolutely no knowledge that it even occurred for that one day!

If you enter a different date, say April 15, the “end” date of the event, the event appears as if it runs for that date only! All the days between, when the event is still going on, are lost.

As the plug-in works right now, you would have to list that event every single day in order for it to appear. Using the same example, you would have to create an event entry FOUR TIMES, for April 12, 13, 14 and 15, in order for customers to be informed of that event.

I hope this makes sense in the way I’m trying to explain it! This part of the plug-in worked just fine for those of us who have multi-day events. Is there any way you can bring that part back???

Thanks!

Linda & Mario

5. Correen says:

Great plugin and so excited to find out it works on my theme too! Just wondering why it is only showing two of the three events that I have added (http://foodloverswebsite.com/interview-schedule)?

Hi Correen,

By default it only shows the upcoming events. If an event took place in the past, it will not be shown.

If you do wish to show both events from the past and upcoming events, just use the following showtcode:
      [events age=all]

6. Casey says:

Any thoughts to adding recurring events? This is a much-needed feature for me.

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your message. I can totally see why this would be useful. It’s definitely something I am planning to implement. I’m not sure when this will be, but it’s on my list!

7. Michael says:

Jerry,

I love your plugin. It does exactly what I need it to do. I do have one question however. Is there a way to style the output of the event? I found the .css file for styling the admin panel, but would like to be able to style the font type and colors like you have on your example events listed on your site.

Maybe I’m making this more difficult than it has to be, but not sure if there is a way to style the output. I appreciate your assistance!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the message! I like your suggestion. I’ll add this is as a feature in the next update. Shouldn’t be too difficult to implement.

Thanks!

• LM says:

Yes – I would like to be able to style the output, and there are all those inline styles to contend with.

Hi LM,

Thanks for your message! With the coming update you will be able to create your own CSS for the plugin!

8. Barb says:

The option to use “standard time” instead of the 24 hour/”military time” would be nice.

Hi Barb,

Thanks for your comment. I’ve received this feature request from quite a number of people so I’ll try to include this in the next update.

9. Hi Jerry,

For some reason the date and start time for my events do not display at all. Anybody else have this problem? I only get the end time and no date.

Thanks!!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I’m not sure that I understand what you mean. Could you give me the url of a page where the Simple Events Calendar is published?

10. Kika says:

Thank you very much for making this app, I think this will be just what I need :) Question though, I need to display past events (my exhibit listing is part of my portfolio) from as far back as 2006, but you only offer from the current year. Can you please add this option or just let people plug in the year they want? Also, I need to disable the start and end time display as well.

Hi Kika,

Thanks for your message! If I understand you correct you would like display your exhibits all the way back to 2006 with dates but without start and end times. I am afraid that this kind of goes against the intentions of the Simple Events Planner.

At the same time, I don’t think you really need a plugin for what you want. A simple HTML list would probably be sufficient for what you want to do, because historical events are not really changing anymore. So if you go to html editing mode of the post or page you wish to add the list to and the enter the following:

<ul>

<li><strong>When: </strong>From date to date</li>
      <li><strong>Where: </strong>Location</li>
      <li>More info...</li>
      </ul>
      </li>

</ul>

If you are using the more info… link you can later easily add the link through the WordPress editor.

Output would then look something like this:

• The exhibit name 1

• description here
        • When: From date to date
        • Where: Location
        • More info...
      • The exhibit name 2

• description here
        • When: From date to date
        • Where: Location
        • More info...

I hope this makes sense and is of any help.

Good luck!

• Kika says:

ah thank you so much for your fast and very thoughtful reply Jerry, I appreciate it!! I should have added that I will be using this for my *upcoming* events as well, I just wanted to add all the past ones from other shows~ but you are right… I should just add them as html below the upcoming events that I will use your plugin for. haha kinda a DUH moment for me here~ I’ll try that right now lol.

What about removing the start and end time for shows in general though? Often my events dont have a set end time, so I always just opt to leave it out of my listing on the page. Will you ever consider adding the option to make this display fliers with/as events in this plug-in? thanks and sorry about all the questions haha!

Hi Kika,

The plugin used to have the ability to do multiple day events and I thought it would mostly be used for sharing dates of a workshop of a few hours or something similar. But I have been receiving quite a number of requests for enabling multi day events and in that case, the start and end time might be less relevant. I’ll have to think where to go with this. I do want to keep the plugin simple…

I’ll let you know. Thanks for your reply :)

11. YewKin Tee says:

Hi Jerry,

I saw this warning message in the post or page I inserted the short code [events] for the Simple Events Calendar.

“Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Argument must be an array in /home/makemon2/public_html/myformosablog.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-events-calendar/simple-events-calendar.php on line 730”

Could you advice further action to resolve this problem? Thanks.

Hi YewKin Tee,

Thanks for your message! Don’t worry about the error message you’re seeing. It appears because it can’t find any stored events in your database. If you add one event, the message will disappear. I’ve already uploaded a fix for this problem, but it seems the old version is still the one that available for download.

I hope to have version 1.1 ready by next week. Then the error message will be gone completely.

12. andre says:

Hi,

I love the simplicity so far! but would like to know how I could insert events that would cover more than one day. For example, an event would be setup June 15th to June 20th, or June 15-16, etc.

How could I do that?

Thank you!!

andre

13. Nadine says:

Hello, I’m still developing my site and am pleased with the way this plug-in works. However, like Michael, I would very much like the option to style the output.

• Jerry says:

Hi Nadine, thanks for your comment. I totally agree with you that this is a very useful feature so you can expect to find it in the next update.

14. James Caruso says:

I’m having a BIG issue with this plugin. It was working one moment, then broken the next.

Below is my error:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Argument must be an array in /home/ragekage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-events-calendar/simple-events-calendar.php on line 730

I’ve deactivated, uninstalled and reinstalled several times and I’m still getting this error.

Any ideas, thoughts or feedback would be helpful

Thanks!
    JC

• Jerry says:

Hi James, sorry to hear that it’s giving so much problems. The error message you’re seeing is because some php installations ouput an error message when there are no stored events. As soon as you save an event this message is gone. So you don’t have to worry about it. It will be fixed in the next update.

15. Nadine says:

Working with the calendar today, I discovered another feature that I’d like to be able to modify: the times feature. Many of the events I’d like to post have beginning times, but ending times are often not precise, e.g., a football game, a block party.

I’d like to be able to just indicate the start time and omit the ending time.

16. James Caruso says:

Actually, Every time I use the calendar it works for an hour and then mysteriously breaks. It keeps defaulting to that exact error message – even though there are events created. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

17. James Caruso says:

At first I thought it was erroring after the events expired – but it turns out it just does this after a few hours. Thoughts?

Hi James,

Thanks for your comments. It’s really strange what you’re seeing and I’m not quite sure what’s causing this. I am finalizing version 1.1 at the moment, so hopefully this will fix the issue for you. If it doesn’t, it could be that you have another plugin that is conflicting with the SImple Events Calendar. But let’s see if the update fixes your issue.

And thanks a million for your donation!! 😀

18. Paul says:

Hey Jerry,

Nice work with the plugin, perfect for what I need but is there any way to change the following in the coding?

1: CSS style’s to change the color of the event “Title”
    2: A separating line to differentiate between two upcoming events
    3: A open “target=_blank” option for the “Event” and “Location” URL’s

Thanks

Hi Paul,

All very good suggestions which I will definitely address in the next update. Point 2 is probably caused by your current theme. As every event starts with a heading title there should be bigger margins to separate the title from the previous event. It’s likely that those margins have been cancelled out by your theme’s CSS. Anyway, this should be easy to fix when you’re able to edit your own css for the Simple Events Calendar (this feature will definitely be in the next update). Thanks for your feedback!

19. Juaky says:

Hi Jerry,

Congratulations for this plugin.

How could I call the calendar using PHP instead of the shortcode [events]?

Thanks!

Hi Juaky,

Everything is stored in a table in your database called prefix_simple_events (the prefix is whatever you entered in your WordPress config file. By default this is WP_). So you could just query the db directly.

20. Joanie says:

Definitely need the standard time option/with AM/PM.

Also recurring would be greatly useful.

Thank you!

21. Joanie says:

Oh yes, and the option NOT to include time. For future events the time is often not known.

Thank you again for a swift little program.

22. Joanie says:

How do i add [events limit=3] for instance, to a widget? i put that shortcode in but nothing appeared but the shortcode itself. Baffled…

Hi Joanie,

Thanks for your feedback! By default shortcodes [events] do not work in the text widget. You will have to activate this first by adding the following line to the functions.php file of your theme:

add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

When you’ve done that, the events should appear in the widget. The feature requests for hiding the time and toggle between 12hr and 24hr time will both be included in the next update! Hopefully to be released next week.

And thank you so much for your donation!! 😀

23. Damion says:

My opinions of some cool features:
    1. Add the ability to upload photo to event that will display a thumbnail next to event.
    2. AM/PM is a must, many people in the US do not readily understand 24-hour/military time and those that understand it have to count from 12 to figure out what time it is

Otherwise, cool plugin. I will probably dive into the code myself tonight to change display of AM/PM, but other than that, pretty good plugin – thanks :-)

Hi Damion,

Thanks for your input. Adding photo’s would indeed be a cool feature but at the same time I do want the plugin to stay simple. The AM/PM option is in production :)

24. Dan says:

Exactly what I was looking for. Plain, simple and straight forward, I will follow your site for enhancements.

25. vasilis says:

Thanks for your job.
    I want to put in wingets…. How to do it?
    Thanks

Hi Vasilis,

Thanks for your message. Have a look at the comment I gave to Joanie. It explains what you’ll have to add to your themes functions.php file.

26. Russ says:

Great little plugin – just what i’m after. Big problem though – There doesn’t seem to be an end date option. Take a look at the screengrab http://cl.ly/6TV6 Any clues?

Hi Russ,

My clue is that I didn’t develop it with an end date 😉 I will include this in the next update though!

jerry

• Russ says:

Thanks for the reply – would be great to get this feature in.

• Russ says:

Hey Jerry – just checked the changelog and saw there was originally an end date – have installed earlier version and works great.

• Jerry says:

Yeah I’d removed the option as I thought it wasn’t really necessary to have a different end date… but I guess I was a bit wrong there :) So due to popular demand it should be back in the next update.

27. Chip says:

How can I customize the output into a different format? I can’t seem to be able to find it in any of the files.

Ideally, I’d like to customize the output to look similar to: http://nwtechanddesign.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/ericbean_calendar.jpg

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

28. Chip says:

Jerry,

Great plugin! Very nice and simple. I’ll definitely be making a donation!

I’d like to customize the output a little and was wondering if there was a simple way to do that.

By customizing it, I mean I’d like to rearrange a few things and style it. Is there a .php and .css file that I can edit to make it happen?

TIA

Hi Chip,

Thanks for your comment! You can find all the files of the plugin inside wp-content/plugins/simple-events-calendar/ there is no separate CSS for the output of the events calendar, this is all done inline in the code. The next update will provide the option to use your own CSS.

• Chip says:

My apologies for the double posting…I didn’t originally see that comments were moderated.

I found the .php file that seems to have everything in it, but it looks like it’s just for displaying the stuff on the Admin side. Do you know about what line it starts for the website public display?

Hi Chip,

The output is an array so you’ll have to do a search for $the_events[] = below that line the output is set.

Good luck with editing it. And thanks a million for your donation!!!

• Chip says:

Fantastic! Thank you.

On a side note to that. Is there a way that I can add user permissions, such as an editor, to be able to add items from the admin panel?

Hi Chip,

Lily just suggested the same feature. I never thought about this one, but it’s an important setting. Another feature for the update :)

Cheers!

29. Chip says:

Another feature request to go along with the CSS would be a networked version so that each site could use a default CSS or a customized CSS

Hi Chip,

In the next update you should be able to either use your own css or the default styling on an individual site basis. I’ve been very busy the last couple of weeks but I am trying to have this update ready as soon a possible!

30. Lily Chu says:

Hi Jerry!

I loved your plugin!
    Though I’m wondering if an user with editor or even author permission could access the simple event admin panel. Is it possible? That would be great!

Congratulations for the great work!

Hi Lily,

Thanks for your message! I never realized it, but you’re right, only the administrator is able to add events. I will make this an option which can be changed by the administrator. Thanks for your feedback!!

31. Aaron says:

Trying to put php inside the shortcode. Each page assigned a number $id_number

echo do_shortcode(“[events label='{$id_number}']“);

This should show only those events with label value which matches the page number. It ends up showing them all. Any ideas anyone?

p.s. does work and returns the value of the page number.

32. Aaron says:

I got my problem above resolved.

echo do_shortcode(“[events label=’a”.$id_number.”‘]”);

so all events with label beginning with “a” and then coinciding with assigned page number works.

Another vote her for multi-day events! Great app so far

33. Larry says:

Plugin looks great. One question. How do my visitors see it?

Hi Larry,

Simply add [events] to any article in which you want the events to be displayed. That’s it :)

34. […] o Simple Events Calendar Partilhar […]

35. Lisa says:

Hi Jerry:

I would like more recent events to display first (like a blog) and older events to display underneath. My events are not that frequent. Can I change the order so newest go on the top?

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your message! Events are ordered according to their event date with the next event at the top, followed by the event that is closest after that one, and so on. If you wish to change the sorting of the output you will have to dive into the code and change the settings there.

36. kookmo says:

Hi Jerry,

Great plugin, love it!

Only prob. is that on one of my sites after install and activation the admin panel doesn’t display. I tried a fresh download, upload through wordpress and ftp, cleared old files out of MySQL database and reinstalled with no joy :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Kookmo,

Thanks for your comment. I haven’t heard anybody else experiencing this issue. Assuming that you’re using that latest version of WordPress and the hosting specs are in line with what is required for WordPress, my guess is that there is a conflict between the plugin and another plugin you’re running or with the theme that you use. Try turning off all other plugins and reactivate the Simple Events Calendar. If that doesn’t work, change your theme to the TwentyTen theme and reactivate the plugin again.

37. Simon says:

Hi Jerry,

many thanks for the great Plug In. As some people said before, it would be nice to format the output.

All I need would be a change of the “Event Title” font size.
    Is there no way to change that by now anywhere in the code? If no, when do you expect to release an update?
    Again, many thanks.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your message. The looks of the output is now for a large part depending on your theme. The title is between H3 tags so whatever is set in your theme is what this will look like.

I’ve been crazy busy these last weeks, so apologies for the delays regarding the update. To stay on the safe side I will just say soon for now :)

38. Gaz says:

Hi Jerry,

Great plugin, I’m finding it extremely useful but having some problems extending the description, currently it is set at 250 max words, where do i edit this to increase it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for your comment. If you want to could increase this by going into the code of simple-events-calendar.php in the plugin directory. However, you will need to update your database. In order to do so, go to line 43 and change the db version to 1.0.1, then scroll down to line 57 (event_desc) and change that to the new number of characters. Also, change this number on line 80 (event_desc). This should do the trick.

Be aware that you are working in the code and you could mess up things. Also, if the changes result in problems, deactivate the plugin, delete it and reinstall it again.

Good luck!

39. Chris says:

Hi,
    when will come the Plugin with german language ?????

40. ash says:

Hi,

I’m getting this error message in a page I created for my events –

“Argument must be an array in /data/23/2/160/66/2323229/user/2551445/htdocs/main/wp-content/plugins/simple-events-calendar/simple-events-calendar.php on line 730”

Can you please help me sort out the problem?

Hi Ash,

Sorry for this. In some installations this bug shows up. It’s basically looking to show events which he can’t find. This will be fixed in the update, which I hope to be releasing very soon. There’s not much I can do for you now. I will send you an email to let you know when the new version rolls out.

41. ash says:

Oh, sorry for the earlier post. This is the complete error message –

“Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Argument must be an array in /data/23/2/160/66/2323229/user/2551445/htdocs/main/wp-content/plugins/simple-events-calendar/simple-events-calendar.php on line 730”

Thanks a lot for your plugin. Hope you can help me sort out the problem.

42. Tom says:

[sorry, bad English]Great plugin! Nice example of good coding for WordPress!

One question.. Is it possible to get an overview of the events date in Contact Form 7 by using the ‘Contact Form 7 dynamictext’ plugin? It would be great if the visitor can pick a date in the contactform!

Thnx!

Hoi Tom,

Thanks for your message. I never thought about this option, but it could be interesting. I’ll have a look into it!

Gr Jerry

PS Prima Engels hoor!

43. Brenda says:

Hi – Love this events calendar. It’s the best of all that I checked out. However, my version (1.0) does not have the start/end feature shown in your website pic. It only has one date field which is a bit of a pain when I have events that span multiple days. Did something change?
    …… also looking for a list function to add to the page where I run the plugin. I want to be able to list the titles of all events I participate in on a sidebar, keeping only the current events within the calendar function. Any suggestions?

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your message. I never realized it, but my site was still showing the old images. I had the end date in the beginning, then I removed it in a later version and now, in version 1.2, i’ve put this function back. So if you do an update now you should be able to add an ending times again.

With respect to the list feature, this is not possible yet, but I like the idea, so I might include this in a next version.

44. Cecilia says:

How do i get the calenday to shop up on my page. It is activated but there is no option to place it on a certain page.

Hi Cecilia,

Thanks for your commment. There’s no button, you just have to type

[events]

for the events to turn up. Where ever you place this so called short code, your events will appear.

Good luck!

45. Mikel says:

Is there a way to make is 12 hour instead of 24 hour clock? Also, you guys working on a widget for the calendar? Otherwise I love this plugin. I will donate well as soon as those options are available.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your message. I’ve got some good news for you: in the latest version you can switch between 24 hour and 12 hour tome notation. And the widget is currently in the making!

46. Naomi says:

I downloaded your “simple events”, and really like it, except, what I downloaded only has a start date, and not an end date, but I see on your website that there should be one…what do I do to have both a start and end date?

Also would love to place an image sometime…should I just do that with html ?

Hi Naomi,

Thank you for your message! The images were from a previous version of the plugin. I removed this feature at some point, but I received a lot of requests to return this feature again. If you update to version 1.2 you should be able to enter an and time again!

The plugin doesn’t support adding images to events. You could of course add images to the post of page where you display your events and align them next to your events.

Jerry

47. Can you please send me a po-file so I can translate it into german.

Why don’t you provide it with the plugin anyway?

Greetings
    chuelibrueder

• Okay, I’ve got a german translation, just send me an email if you’re interested.

Greetings
      chuelibrueder

Hi Chuelibrueder,

Thanks for your message. I will include this in future releases, thanks for the tip. I have just submitted an update to version 1.2. I will send you the po-file for that. Thanks for translating it!

48. Why not change

[code]
    $items = implode($the_events);
    return($items);[/code]

to

[code]if( is_array( $the_events ) ) {
    $items = implode($the_events);
    }
    else {
    $items = ”.__(‘No events at the Moment…’,SE_TEXTDOMAIN).”;
    }
    return($items);[/code]

Otherwise you get an ugly php error when there’s no event. Naturally the “No events at the Moment…” also need to be added to the translation.

Hi Chuelibrueder,

I’ve fixed this issue in version 1.2. My fix is slightly different as I use count() to see if there are any events to display.

49. Clint says:

Hi,

Thank you for creating this plugin it works great! I’m new to WordPress and have been able to easily implement the plugin on WP pages and posts while inside the WP tool. But how do I implement the plugin on pages that are on template pages or .php pages (for example: index.php)?

I figured out I can’t just add [events age=all] to a page. What would be the format I use?

Clint

Hi Clint,

Thanks for your comment. Short codes do not work in php files. They can only be used inside WordPress when you’re typing content. You’ll have to dive into the code to integrate in into your themes.

Good luck!

50. Jerry says:

Because of the release of version 1.2 of the Simple Events Calendar plugin for WordPress I will close the comments for this article. If you’re still using version 1.0 please update now.

You can find more information on version 1.2 here!

Many thanks for all of your input. As you will see most requests have been implemented!