We’ve just finished our first WordPress plugin: the Simple Events Calendar. It’s a very lightweight event planner that allows you to create your events in a central place and publish them on your posts and pages.
Every event is published with the hCalendar microformats to make it fully semantic, thereby optimising its indexability.
By default the plugin will only display upcoming events. Expired events will be removed for your pages and posts. This way your articles will always look updated.
If you wish to do so, you can display the expired events or both the upcoming and the expired events.
Group your events
By giving your events labels you can use that information to display only events that have that label.
Download the Simple Events Calendar
- Download the WordPress plugin Simple Events Calendar
- Unpack the zipped file simple-events.zip
- Copy the directory including its files to the plugin directory of your WordPress installation
(make sure it is uploaded to/wp-content/plugins/simple-events/)
- Go to the Dashboard of your WordPress installation
- Open te plugin menu
- Activate the Simple Events Calendar
Please let me know what you think and leave your comments below.
A lot of time and effort went into making this plugin. If you like the plugin, please consider making a donation.